Swiss watch movements have long been regarded as a benchmark for precision craftsmanship, accurate timing and reliability. Even in this digital age, Swiss brand watches are expensive and coveted by their owners as a symbol of success.
To make these watch parts have strict tolerances, high-precision cutting machines are needed. Swiss machine tool manufacturers are not satisfied with the existing technology, so they invented the Swiss-Style lathe to meet their needs. Today, the swiss type cnc lathe also produces high-precision, high-volume parts for medical products, dental implants, aerospace, measuring instruments and many other applications.
If you want to produce high-precision parts for a long time, then Swiss-style machines may be a good investment. With regard to swiss type cnc lathes, you should know the following 7 things:
1. The main difference between a traditional lathe and a Swiss lathe is that the front lathe of a Swiss lathe has a fixed spindle head. When the cutting tool moves to process the outer diameter, the spindle head can fix the rotating workpiece. On the other hand, the Swiss-style lathe uses a sliding headstock to transport the bar material through the fixed bushing through the guide bush on the Z axis. This configuration means that the cutting tool always engages with the bar material close to the bushing, thereby providing maximum support, thereby reducing vibration and tool deflection.
2. The counter-spindle of a swiss type cnc lathe is used for other machining operations. This versatility eliminates the need to move parts from one machine to another, thereby reducing overall production time, labor costs, and operator errors.
3. Guide bush and spindle are the core of swiss type cnc automatic lathes that can maintain tight tolerances. Since the main shaft is hollow, the material of the main shaft must have the best rigidity, which is very important.
4. Although the designed swiss type cnc automatic lathe provides a more stable cutting environment, the bar stock is rarely perfectly straight or rounded, and it will produce vibrations that affect accuracy and tool wear. Swiss-type lathes that do not rely on belt drives usually produce less vibration and are therefore more stable and precise. The combination of linear guides and pre-installed roller pads helps to achieve this precise movement, while the sliding mechanism absorbs a lot of harmonic vibrations generated by the high-speed rotation of the bar stock.
5. The guide surface of the Swiss machine should be as smooth and flat as possible to enhance stability and further reduce the impact of vibration.
6. Heavy-duty ball screws with an average diameter on each shaft greater than the average level to more efficiently transfer power from the motor to the headstock. Because this type of ball screw and slider reduce the impact of inertia, the machine has a longer service life and requires less maintenance, thereby increasing the return on investment.
7. In order to optimize the productivity of your double spindle swiss type, the correct automatic feeder can achieve continuous, unattended or even light-off operation. They also provide additional material support to further reduce vibration and protect the operator from exposed bar stock rotating at high speeds.
When choosing customized swiss type cnc lathe, easy access to technical services, parts replacement, training and continuous customer support are also key considerations. Working with the right suppliers can reduce your true cost of ownership and provide the greatest return on investment.